mercredi 25 septembre 2013

Saint Patrick's day in London

I have only been once in London in my whole life, but I think I will always remember it. When I saw my friend Papan around Christmas, he told me it could be cool that we celebrate St Patrick's day together, for his half-brother lives in London, he lived in Hamburg, in Germany, I was in Durham and my boyfriend in Paris. We all have between 3 and 5 hours to gather in the center of the British capital.

I arrived at King's cross, my boyfriend at St Pancras. When I saw him, I couldn't believe it. It's hard to be separated from the person you love the most, and then, HE was in England. So happy :)

We found the hotel, spent a few minutes together and then, hop! direction the town center! We played tourists. Along the River Thames, we took a lot of pictures, crossed the London Bridge, visited the Christmas shop... I think that it is not really London that I enjoyed, but rather the company of the love of my life :)
 The weather, however, was what I expected from London: grey and cold lol






We had a nice evening in Camden Town, where we had several biers, cocktails, and a fish-n-chips late at night. 







The day after, we had a brunch together (the first brunch of my life, wouhou!) and what I realised is that London is... well, let's say... 4 times more expensive than Durham! 
We spent the afternoon, my boyfriend and I, along the Thames, again, on the other side this time. There was a modern art museum which caught our eyes, because there was an exposition outside: 

Time was running out, we had to go back to the train station... The Olympics were in preparation, so the stations were modified. We had an hour to visit them. I was impressed by St Pancras, which I found particularly beautiful, with its big statue in the middle of the hall. It is worth a look. And finally, as a big big fan of Harry Potter as I am, we took pictures at Kings cross... but I didn't reach platform 9 3/4 :(

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire