mercredi 25 septembre 2013

Another day, another city...

After I visited Edinburgh in December, and after I met so many great people, I wanted to discover more. Travel. Weekend. Holidays. Journey. Liberty. That's what I felt everytime I packed my stuff and went to the train station. When I had enough money spared, I chose a new destination. It was easy to travel actually, as I chose a town to visit that I could reach from Durham, by train or by bus. Not far from Newcastle is the city of Sunderland, on the East coast. This time is special, because at first, I wanted to go there alone, but then I realised "hey! I've got a friend in Hartlepool, that's not far from Sunderland!" and I asked Marion if she wanted to go there. And she came, with Heike. I did not know what I would find there. I expected to visit, but then I realised Sunderland is a rather a fine place for shopping, when you are in the town center. I met the girls at the train station, and we had lunch not far from the shopping mall. Just after, we decided to reach the beach, so we got a map and walked.
To my mind, Sunderland is much more interesting when you leave the town center. We had to cross the bridge to reach the beach, but too bad for us, there was a football match at the Stadium of light this day, so we couldn't make the most of our visit! It was fun though^^

The path to the sea is surprising. I wouldn't have find it if I had been alone. There is a glass musuem, statues, sculptures... It is beautiful.

We spent a long time along the river, it was very agreable. 

This day in Sunderland allowed me to discover a new city, but mostly, to have a wonderful day with friends.
This was the beginning of a new relationship :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire